The European Society of Clinical Pharmacy (ESCP) is an international scientific society founded in 1979 by clinical practitioners, researchers and educators from various countries in Europe, which constantly supports the development of the clinical pharmacy, looking for new areas of professional practice.
The Aim of the European Society of Clinical Pharmacy is to develop and promote the rational and appropriate use of medicines (medicinal products and devices) by the individual and by society.
ESCP encourages the development and education of clinical pharmacists in Europe, and facilitates sharing experiences and skills amongst clinical pharmacists all around the world.
The Society acts in that way through the following objectives:
1. Providing a forum for the communication of new knowledge and developments in clinicalpharmacy;
2. Promoting the value of clinical pharmacy services among other health care professionals, among scientific societies that share the same interest and generally within the Health CareSystem;
3. Enforcing the formation of activities in the field of clinical pharmacy and pharmacotherapy through conventions and specific courses;
4. Teaching clinical pharmacy at pre- and post graduate level;
5. Promoting multi-centre research in all areas of clinical pharmacy;
6. Promoting the involvement of pharmacists in clinical trials;
7. Producing a number of publications on clinical pharmacy;
8. Promoting a more widespread use of clinical pharmacy publications.
9. Reinforcing the involvement of the pharmaceutical industry in clinical pharmacy
© European Society of Clinical Pharmacy, 2021