Each year, ESCP awards financial support to attend the symposium.
ESCP actively promotes the education of clinical pharmacists from developing countries. One way of doing this is to make the ESCP Symposium more accessible to pharmacists from these countries by offering financial support.
What will be included in financial support?
The award is free registration to the ESCP symposium.
Who can apply?
- The applicant must live and work in a developing country. The list of countries is according to the World Bank low and middle income.
- The applicant must be the presenting author of an abstract accepted for presentation at the symposium.
- The applicant must not have received financial support from ESCP in the last five years.
- Applicants must either be ESCP members at the time of the application or commit to becoming a member for a period of at least two years.
Who will judge the applications for support?
Applications will be evaluated by ESCP International Office for completeness. A maximum number of five awards will be made in any year. If there are no more than five applications meeting all criteria, all will be awarded financial support. If more than five, two members of the Research Committee (not from countries of the applicants) will independently review and score each application with the five highest scoring receiving the award. The International Office will communicate the decisions to the applicants.
What criteria will be applied to evaluate applications?
The following criteria will be scored:
- number of abstract(s) accepted
- whether accepted as oral, poster discussion forum or poster
- whether the presenting author or lead author
- if applicant is already ESCP Member
- applicant’s importance statement to attend ESCP symposium
What will be expected following the financial support?
Successful applicants will be interviewed by a member of the Research Committee during the symposium and an article prepared for dissemination via the ESCP Newsletter and social media. Each successful applicant will be asked to send a photograph. Applicants must become a ESCP member for a period of at least two years.
How do I apply?
You must fill in the form below and submit it. It will then be processed by the ESCP International Office.
One of the requirements is that your abstract has been accepted for presentation at the symposium (in poster format, or as an Oral presentation or at the Poster Discussion Forum).
What is the deadline?
The deadline for application is 31 July of each year and the successful applicants informed by mid-August. Only applications received prior to the deadline will be accepted.
Who can I approach for more information?
Please contact the ESCP International Office, email@example.com